The fall camping experience is SO much more than a mere field trip. It is a way to provide our children with a taste of Maria Montessori’s vision for adolescents, her “erdkinder.”
- provides the opportunity for students to develop independence, interdependence, and self-reliance
- fosters new relationships between students, their teachers, and the environment
- allows freedom to act on individual initiative within limits and rules that give necessary guidance
- fosters in students the power of self-adjustment to new environments
- opens us all to the wonders of nature
- helps students to understand their place in the world.
During camp week, students will participate in:
- Tent set-up, care and clean-up
- Planning, preparing, cooking and clean-up of meals
- Living together in the close confines of a tent with new classmates
- Activities that provide opportunities for cooperation and fun rather than competition
This year, students will be camping at Stone Mountain State Park in Roaring Gap, NC.
High School students will leave for camping September 13th and return on the 15th. Middle School Students will leave for camping on the 18th and return on the 20th.
The cost is $53/per student. If you are in need of financial assistance contact Donna Rice (email@example.com). If you have general questions, please contact Mindy Mahar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here for the payment link. Select Middle School on the left hand menu and then Williams Montessori for both high school and middle school payments.
We are also looking for High School parents to chaperone the Middle School camp experience. If you are interested, please email Mindy.
Packing list and itinerary is here: Fall Camping